The issue that started it all! From the time Mirador was envisioned to the moment it came off the press, we wanted this first magazine to really shine. Months of research went into each page – we talked to folks, read everything we could find, and fussed over every detail. And now, this little 32-pager has a very warm spot in our hearts. We will always make it available to read online, free of charge, so you can get a sense of who we are and what we are trying to bring to our community.
NOTE REGARDING MENTION OF DEMENTIA: This is our inaugural issue, published in 2021. In our Greetings From The Publisher column we do state that this magazine is “designed for those with dementia-related illness, brain trauma, or other cognitive impairment, and their communities.” We do not use this language in any of our future issues.
For those who want it in your hands or the hands of family or friends. Here’s what you will get when you buy a print edition!
- First Class Shipping Included
- Quality Paper that will hold up with Multiple Uses
- No Advertising of Any Kind
- Several Age-Appropriate Features and Activities
Stories in Vol. 1: Sand and Sea include:
- The Swoon of the Dune Buggy – a look back at an iconic “fun in the sun” ride
- Blues Man Tevis Hodge – meet this up and coming musician with an ageless sound
- The Sandpiper – learn a few fun facts about these beach peeps
- Bothersome Cats – Even in the 15th Century cats were proving themselves a little pesky
- Activities (Word Search, Spot The Difference, Find the Object and more)
- Postcard Craft – Take a trip along the Camino Santiago and write your own postcard!
- Calm Your Mind with Box Breathing – a simple and relaxing stress reducer
- And more!